To develop a comprehensive eye-care program with the community development intervention in rural communities to improve the quality of life and give sight to all.
GOALTo run mobile eye clinics as a measure of intervention to eliminate avoidable blindness as we provide treatment, spectacles, surgeries thus giving a gift of sight to all children and seniors.
BACKGROUND OF CRESP
Christian Rural Eye Sight Promotion (CRESP) in a local not for profit Ngo that was founded in 1997 and registered with the National Bureau for Non-Governmental Organization registration no INDR 24021681NB / PERMIT NO. INDP 115181681NB. It is also registered as a company limited by guarantee No. 46389 with the registrar of companies in Uganda.
Cresp is operating in Namisidwa Manafwa, Bududa Mbale district in Eastern Uganda with the goal to improve vision prevent avoidable Blindness in underserved communities and to instigate, the social, economic impact of blindness on individual children families and communities.
On a sad note 80% of the rural population have no access to eye care services. It is the reason that Cresp exists.
As Cresp, we are working out to become an integral part of all systems and services that provide child/ school health services, highlighting the critical role, vision plays in a child’s education and achieving their full potential in life.
CRESP ACTIVITIES INVOLVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Creating awareness about eye care and raising community voices
- Running eye Camps, screening and treating various eye aliments
- Retractive errors- timely diagnosis and provision of free spectacles or at a subsidized rete.
- Screening of school children for retractive errors and dispensing of spectacles to them.
- Cataracts- ensuring prompt referral for IOL surgeries at Mbale regional Hospital or Benedictine eye Hospital Tororo.
- Water and sanitation
- Internship networking with the local district stake holders
- Internationally we receive student interns from USA, UK for six weeks working with us as you may see from the pictures